Did you know Rowdy bars are Paleo-friendly? While we don’t consider ourselves a Paleo brand, here at Rowdy Prebiotic Foods we want to support health nuts of all sorts. Whether you’re a low GI aficionado, a veg-head, or a Paleo patron, we want to create snacks that fill you up and make you smile. This week we’re taking a closer look at the benefits of the Paleo diet and how Rowdy Bars qualify as a Paleo snack bars.
The Benefits of the Paleo Diet
Committing to the Paleo diet is about more than eating like a caveman and saying goodbye to processes foods. Paleo is a lifestyle rooted in holistic living and reeling it back to basics of human health. We love Paleo because:
- Paleo is time tested – The Paleo diet champions eating from an evolutionary perspective. We’ve been eating as hunter/gatherers for thousands of years. It was only in recent decades that we began to see diet related health problems like obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Paleo doesn’t allow most foods that contribute to these health problems.
- You eat mean and clean – The Paleo diet is all about eating more like a human, and getting rid of all that toxic junk food.
- It’s satisfying - Paleo diets are packed with anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense foods that fill you up, so you can get the most out of every day.
What Makes Rowdy Bars Paleo-Friendly?
Usually snack bars are forbidden in a Paleo diet, but Rowdy bars makes the cut! Because our bars are dairy free, honey free, and grain free, Paleo dieters can count Rowdy as a reliable source of Paleo-approved snacks.
The Paleo Friendly (and Tastebud-Approved!) Ingredients in Rowdy Bars
- Cashews give our bars that buttery, nutty taste and are loaded with minerals like manganese, magnesium and copper.
- Coconut, which is one of the most versatile ingredients in the Paleo diet, provides our snack bars with a creamy texture and healthy fats.
- Yacon syrup is derived from the Paleo-approved Yacon root and adds both fiber and a low GI sweetener to our bars.
- Egg white protein is our main source of protein in our bars and, because it is lactose-free, is totally Paleo-approved!
- Dark chocolate is approved in moderation in the Paleo diet because of the nutritional benefits in cacao.
Creating tasty, nutrient dense snacks is what we do best. Whether you’re an advocate for Paleo or a different type of health nut, Rowdy Bars thanks you for loving life and filling up on the good stuff. Stay Rowdy!